Hi there!

Introduce yourself here, say Hi and let us know a bit about you

Hi there!

Postby MaiStoner27 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:01 am

Hiiiii Casey fans! I'll present myself, my name is Mai (Maitane) and I am a girl from Seville, Spain. I've been Casey's fan since 2008, loved him everyway since then. I've been with him lot of times in Montmeló, Catalunya. Even in 2010 and 2011 he said hi to me from the podium (it has been recorded *__*). And so, I have a lot of stories to tell you about Casey. I am reading his book now and I am impressed in how much I have in common with him, I mean, his life and mine. I am even half australian hahaha (I have family in New South Wales).
Well, the fist thing I have to show you is this.

Hope you like it!

If you never give up, anything can happen.
MaiStoner27

Re: Hi there!

Postby aussie1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Mai & welcome to the forum. I love the dedication you have shown to Casey with the tat :) Looking forward to hearing the stories about Casey. 8-)
aussie1

Postby lemmy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Hello Mai and welcome! It is great to have someone new here. I love the ink. Like Aussie, I can't wait to hear some of your Casey stories.
lemmy

Postby MaiStoner27 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Thank you so much you two! ^^ I've wanted since I know Casey that tattoo and finally I have it!
The stories of Casey are mostly my experiences with him. I can tell it to you here or in another post xD
MaiStoner27

Postby lemmy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Either is fine. I've never even been close to meeting him so I am always interested in hearing how interacted with fans. He had an uneven reputation regarding how nice he was with fans. Some say he was really nice, and others (mostly Rossi fans) claimed he was the biggest jerk in the world.

However I have heard many say that since he has retired he has been much friendlier with fans. I just think Casey was very focused on his work when he was racing and at times didn't react will to distractions...I am the same way so I can't find fault in that.
lemmy

Postby MaiStoner27 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 am

I post in another post my experiences with him, I think it was in the my pics of Casey xD
I have to tell you that I have an important friend in MotoGp. It is Daniel Martínez Pato, one of the bosses of Dani Pedrosa. As Dani Pedrosa knows us, he invited us to the Grand Prix of Valencia (Cheste) and we had VIP pass and also a invitation to the test of the Monday in the box of Dani. It was spectacular, one of the best experiences I've been in my life. It was in 2009 so I had no chance to go to Ducati's box xD
MaiStoner27

Postby aussie1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 pm

That is just too cool Mia. Is Dani still pretty quiet when he is off camera too, or does he get a little talkative when the attention is off him like Casey?
aussie1

Postby MaiStoner27 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:14 pm

aussie1 wrote:That is just too cool Mia. Is Dani still pretty quiet when he is off camera too, or does he get a little talkative when the attention is off him like Casey?

Yeah, he is just like Casey, he seems he is shy but then he is very talkactive. He talked a lot and he is very nice! It has been a while since we don't talk, anyway. He is a very kind person too, when we went to Valencia we had everything payed and everything was VIP. I was also in the best place of the track, over the boxes.
MaiStoner27

Postby Honda Rider » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:39 pm

A belated hi Mai, welcome to the forum. Look forward to reading about your stories. 8-)
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby MaiStoner27 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Honda rider! I didn't read your comment! hahaha thank you :D
Now Casey is in Barcelona. Wish I was there, but I have no pass, no money... :(

Anyway, I've bought his helmet replica (Nolan N62 Gemini) for karting, I am a karting driver but I've always had other's stuff...now I have my own stuff. Helmet, gloves, shoes, etc. I will put a helmet's photo when it arrives ;)
MaiStoner27

Postby Honda Rider » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Got there in the end! :D
Good luck with the karting, I used to watch races locally at one time but could never really afford competitive equipment.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby MaiStoner27 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Thank you so much Honda Rider! Last race didn't go too well but my times we're ok and I am happy with that. Others were too competitive and fast, but I don't know why I am the only one who impressed people O.o I don't know why...

Here you have my beautiful helmet! I am so proud of it <3 does anybody know if it is from the year 2007 or 2008? I am not sure...

MaiStoner27

Postby lemmy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am

There doesn't seem to be a big difference in the 2007 and 2008 helmets, but from looking at pics online, I would guess it is 2008. Nice helmet! Good luck with the karting.
lemmy

Postby Honda Rider » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:57 am

MaiStoner27 wrote:Thank you so much Honda Rider! Last race didn't go too well but my times we're ok and I am happy with that. Others were too competitive and fast,

You'll not get onto the pace straight away, it's a learning curve. You do right in seeing the positives and keep pushing, you'll get up with the fast ones I'm sure. More good luck... and be safe.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby MaiStoner27 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Yeah, I think it is the helmet of 2008, it is really beautiful, I'm really proud!

The last time I raced I get a 33.5, it is a good time, but I want to improve to race with the best people. Yesterday I watched a race with people in 31.9 and I was like...OMG :O
MaiStoner27

Next

Return to Introductions