Casey not co-driving in endurance races

Casey off-track. Chat about Casey in general, in the public eye and the press

Casey not co-driving in endurance races

Postby Marg77 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Interesting article here from Casey saying that he has decided not to compete as a co-driver in the upcoming V8 supercar endurance races

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/v8-supercars/former-motogp-world-champion-casey-stoner-says-he-is-not-ready-to-race-in-the-bathurst-1000/story-fn2ms9um-1226682733264#.UevgSo3VAy4
Marg77

Re: Casey not co-driving in endurance races

Postby Honda Rider » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm

but a rumour is a rumour

lol.
Good article Marg.
Casey again gives the impression that he just wants to race in a casual way rather than a head on concentrated effort like he did with the bikes, with the eyes of the World on him though some people will have other expectations. I know you and aus will be enjoying the V8 stuff but I almost wish that he wasn't racing at all now. Don't get me wrong, he's doing very well, but I want to remember him riding round with the Australian flag at Philip Island rather than this.
Best photo ever!
http://photos.motogp.com/2012/10/28/aus ... iginal.jpg
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby Marg77 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 pm

That is an awesome photo, must admit I do love seeing Casey riding round Philip Island with the Australian flag flying over his shoulder :D
Marg77

Postby aussie1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Honda Rider wrote:...................... I want to remember him riding round with the Australian flag at Philip Island rather than this.
Best photo ever!
http://photos.motogp.com/2012/10/28/aus ... iginal.jpg

Nahhhh HR. He's going too slow!! :lol: :lol:
Seriously though, a brilliant sight isn't it. Sadly one that we will never see again apart from looking in the archives :(
aussie1

Postby aussie1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Back on topic, I am releaved in a sense that he's not rushing into it like Gardner did. He's much better off biding his time until he is comfortable in doing the bussiness with the big boys in the category. Wise decision Casey boy.
aussie1

Postby lemmy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Regardless of what Casey or anyone says, a competitive person will always be that way. I am sure it is super hard for him to not being doing so well in the races.

Aus, I have a question for you. I read an interview a few weeks back where Casey was talking about how the others were saying things bad about him because he can't come down and mix with the other drivers or something like that. I don't remember the details but it just didn't make sense to me. I will go look up the interview again.
lemmy

Postby aussie1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi lemmy. As you say, someone who is use to being competitive will always have that side of their nature coming out. Especially with someone who is use to such an incredibly adrenalin driven sport. He must be bored out of his brain at times :lol:
As far as him doing well or not, he has shown that he has the ability to do well with these guys, but the results are very deceiving & just don't show it. The thing about the V8s that many people don't realise is that it is a sport that quite often doesn't show how well one has done & Casey is a prime example of that. There have been a number of times that due to things out of his control, he has started at the back of the grid & has flown through the back half of the field to end up over halfway through. In Motogp, it is expected to occasionally see someone run you off track & even completely take you out, but in V8s it is a whole new game. Other drivers are frequently banging doors with you & knocking you off track - nearly every race. He has been very unfortunate in getting tangled up in these mangled messes at the back & as a result his points total will show that. Everyone who has been able to watch him this year though can see that he has the speed & has gotten use to the 4 wheels a lot quicker than many say.
Unfortunately I haven't seen the interview you're mentioning lemmy, so I am not the wiser. I hadn't heard that others had been mentioning things like that. I presume that you mean the V8 drivers that are saying that, or is it the motogp field you are referring to lemmy? I'm sorry but I'm completely in the dark on that one. I haven't had my ear to the ground enough me thinks. And yeah, you're right. Regardless of who is saying these things about him, it doesn't make sense at all. I'd love to read that interview lemmy if you have a link to it.
aussie1

Postby lemmy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah it was the Dunlop series drivers. I can't find the interview now. It was almost as if Casey isn't hanging out in the common areas where all of the other drivers are, or something like that. I was so confused about what they were talking about that I can't remember exactly what was said.
lemmy

Postby Marg77 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I remember him having a bit of a twitter spat with one of the other Dunlop series drivers

Aaren Russell ‏@aarenrussell5 May
Race 2, pretty simple really, didn't exactly have the pace, still struggling with the car... Good old stoner gave me a good hit trying to overtake the car behind me..... Absolutely destroyed the side of the car, and didn't have the balls to come face me to apologise , lucky I have a good memory

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS275 May
@aarenrussell mate I didn't want to hit ya, touched wheels with another car and couldn't stop. Sorry if it wrecked your race.

@Official_CS27 but anyways, what's done is done, can't change the past, see u at Townsville mate..

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS275 May
@aarenrussell it's not so easy for me to just stroll over there and say sorry. If I spun you then that's a different story, but I didn't.

@Official_CS27 it's all good mate, I'm just saying... But I'm not one to hold grudges, no hard feelings man.. Lets race hard :)

It seems that Aaren has back tracked a bit as there were some comments before Casey's reply when he was moaning about selling the hit damage he received
Marg77

Postby Marg77 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm

aaren russell 2.JPG
aaren russell 2.JPG (100.39 KiB) Viewed 32155 times
aaren russell.JPG
aaren russell.JPG (79.93 KiB) Viewed 32155 times

These are the two posts that he deleted from twitter from his instagram account
Marg77

Postby aussie1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks for the screen caps Marg. That's legendary stuff. :) That all sounds rather petty doesn't it :? That's what I call "making a mountain out of a mole hill." As Casey said, if he had spun him off the track or written off his car it would've been a different story. Once you touch wheels of another car, sometimes you have very little control of the car depending on circumstances. If what Russell said was correct about what he was whining about, then how come he deleted it? What a goose eh! :roll:
aussie1

Postby aussie1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 pm

lemmy wrote:Yeah it was the Dunlop series drivers. I can't find the interview now. It was almost as if Casey isn't hanging out in the common areas where all of the other drivers are, or something like that. I was so confused about what they were talking about that I can't remember exactly what was said.

Yeah, I remember seeing something on his accessability to the fans in the comment sections on one of the different sites I saw yesterday. They were saying that while most of the other drivers are standing outside their pits signing autographs & going out of their way, Casey was "hiding" (as they put it) in the back of the garage or in the team's truck or where ever. They mentioned about him being such a huge drawcard for the category, but being so inaccessable, he was letting the sport down (again, as they put it).
aussie1

Postby Marg77 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 am

"I wouldn't want to put it on anyone like that."

The rumour mill is running again now, that Triple Eight have announced a third car for Bathurst
Marg77

Postby aussie1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 am

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My ears are starting to burn with all these rumours lately. :D This would be interesting if Casey took it on after the boost in his confidence last race weekend. Casey does love the street circuits ............................
aussie1

Postby lemmy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:39 pm

aussie1 wrote:
lemmy wrote:Yeah it was the Dunlop series drivers. I can't find the interview now. It was almost as if Casey isn't hanging out in the common areas where all of the other drivers are, or something like that. I was so confused about what they were talking about that I can't remember exactly what was said.

Yeah, I remember seeing something on his accessability to the fans in the comment sections on one of the different sites I saw yesterday. They were saying that while most of the other drivers are standing outside their pits signing autographs & going out of their way, Casey was "hiding" (as they put it) in the back of the garage or in the team's truck or where ever. They mentioned about him being such a huge drawcard for the category, but being so inaccessable, he was letting the sport down (again, as they put it).

That could have been what they were talking about.
lemmy

Return to Other Casey Topics