Coates Hire Ipswich 360

Casey off-track. Chat about Casey in general, in the public eye and the press

Re: Coates Hire Ipswich 360

Postby Marg77 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 am

Just seen this from the Red Bull website, seems Casey did even better than first thought in that last race running slicks when most people were on wets. Way to go Casey :D :D

“We took a massive gamble on slicks when most the rest of the field went out on wets and we had we not had that second safety car and a few more laps it could have really paid off,” Stoner said.

http://redbullracingaustralia.com/news/casey-flies-to-top-five-while-jamie-extends-series-lead
Marg77

Postby Marg77 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:21 am

Casey's thoughts on the Ipswich weekend and the upcoming HRC test session

Marg77

Postby lemmy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks for the vid Marg...great interview.

Wow, Casey really has some pretty good pace. I am going to have to watch these races. I started out watching at the first round, but a combination of the screwed up website (I still can't find results of practices and things like that without Aus giving me a direct link) and not really understand the the series has kept me from watching any of the others. I might give it a go again.
lemmy

Postby Marg77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:37 pm

lemmy wrote:Thanks for the vid Marg...great interview.

Wow, Casey really has some pretty good pace. I am going to have to watch these races. I started out watching at the first round, but a combination of the screwed up website (I still can't find results of practices and things like that without Aus giving me a direct link) and not really understand the the series has kept me from watching any of the others. I might give it a go again.

He was on the pace all weekend which was so good to see. I know what you mean about their website though, they consistently screw up the results on the 3 race weekends for races 1 and 3.

Results.JPG
Results.JPG (67.74 KiB) Viewed 15349 times

I mean how can the guy in 8th get more points than the guy in 7th and how come 2 people score 57 points and the guy in 12th gets more points than 10th? :roll:
Marg77

Postby aussie1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 am

lemmy wrote:Wow, Casey really has some pretty good pace. I am going to have to watch these races. I started out watching at the first round, but a combination of the screwed up website (I still can't find results of practices and things like that without Aus giving me a direct link) and not really understand the the series has kept me from watching any of the others. I might give it a go again.

I cannot blame you at all lemmy for getting discouraged about the website especially. It's nothing short of atrocious. I cannot ever remember a website that was so convaluted & impossible to find stuff on. I sometimes fluke it & get it first go, but that is rare :roll: I have contacted them a number of times to no avail. I find it hard to believe that they seem to think that no-one else out there is having any problems with it.
To be honest lemmy, I was starting to get discouraged at how Casey's promise & actual speed have not at all reflected in his results. As discussed earlier in this thread, pretty much NOTHING had gone his way at all until this very last race this weekend. He was due for something to go right ;)
aussie1

Postby aussie1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 am

Marg77 wrote:He was on the pace all weekend which was so good to see. I know what you mean about their website though, they consistently screw up the results on the 3 race weekends for races 1 and 3.

I mean how can the guy in 8th get more points than the guy in 7th and how come 2 people score 57 points and the guy in 12th gets more points than 10th? :roll:

I hadn't noticed that at all Marg. Good detective work :) Isn't it absurd the way that points are allocated over races 1 & 3 over a three race weekend (which is different in race 2). Check out this link below (if you haven't already) & scroll down to the point scoring system near the bottom & check out this mess & seriously, is there any wonder that it is creating confusion? Why would anyone in their right mind set it up this way? Don't worry Marg, you're not the only one scratching their head ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Dunlop_V8_Supercar_Series
aussie1

Previous

Return to Other Casey Topics