Stoner to be named MotoGP Legend

Casey off-track. Chat about Casey in general, in the public eye and the press

Stoner to be named MotoGP Legend

Postby Speed Demon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Casey Stoner will become the youngest rider to be officially recognised as a MotoGP legend when he's inducted into the Hall of Fame at Phillip Island next week.
The recognition of Stoner's career during the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix meeting has been confirmed by Dorna Sports, the global organisers of MotoGP, and comes less than a year after the two-time world champion's shock retirement.
Stoner will join Giacomo Agostini, Mike Hailwood, Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts and fellow Australians Mick Doohan and Wayne Gardner as official MotoGP Legends.
"Casey will be inducted as a MotoGP Legend at Phillip Island and he has told me he will be honoured to accept," said Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta.
"He has been one of the best riders in the history of MotoGP."
"His skills are amazing and he did something very special winning two championships on two different makes, Ducati and Honda."
Stoner was flattered.
"I am humbled by this recognition of my career and it will be a great honour to accept the award, it is something I never expected," Stoner said.
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8736846
"I don't want to be famous, just fast."
Speed Demon

Re: Stoner to be named MotoGP Legend

Postby aussie1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Nice! :D
aussie1

Postby Honda Rider » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Speedy, I left a reply on the other post but this is such a great thing I'll paste it here as well!
Fantastic achievement, and well deserved imo, the fact that he was so successful often (very often!) on machinery that was far from the best and in such a relatively short time shows that he is one of the greats.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby Hink » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Well deserved!!
"Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!!!"
Hink

Return to Other Casey Topics