Casey visiting Italy

Casey off-track. Chat about Casey in general, in the public eye and the press

Casey visiting Italy

Postby lemmy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 pm

With Casey doing the 8 hour this year and offering to come back to fill in for Dani, the rumors of his return are coming back a little. Also, Honda mentioned something about Casey not racing this year, but next year maybe. I kind of thought that might have been lost in translation or something. But I noticed from his twitter and facebook page that he is visiting Italy this week. And then this morning I saw a picture of him at the Lamborghini factory....which happens to be in the same province as Ducati. I haven't read this anywhere, but wouldn't it be crazy if Casey got annoyed with Honda not taking him up on his offer to ride for Dani and he decided to join back up with Ducati.

I think the Ducati is definitely capable of winning races in the hands of the right rider and crew.
lemmy

Re: Casey visiting Italy

Postby Honda Rider » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi lemmy. The Ducati looks very competitive this year as you say, although there is talk of them losing consessions with further success. It's also an interesting thing that Lamborghini are owned by Audi, big connection with Ducati there. Who knows!
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby MaiStoner27 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:14 pm

For me it would be a dream to have Casey in Moto GP again, and even more in Ducati! xD But I think he won't come back. He said that he doesn't like how is motogp right now, and I think it won't change for a while so...let's see, I don't want to be pessimist, but it's what I think :(
If you never give up, anything can happen.
MaiStoner27

Postby Honda Rider » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:57 pm

I'd agree with you Mai, but it won't be the first time he's taken people by surprise, he seems to what he wants and doesn't bother what people think too much. I really hope he gets on a Ducati so we can have the old header back. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby MaiStoner27 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:01 am

hahahaha that's true, Casey always says things when you are not waiting for it. When he said " I retire" I was like OMG WHAT??????? so...hope he does that again but in the other way xD

Here, in a newspaper called Marca (I hate that newspaper) he said that he WON'T come back in anyway, never. But I don't believe those words at all, I think he misses Moto GP a bit, and maybe in the future when he does want a change he will come back.
If you never give up, anything can happen.
MaiStoner27

Postby lemmy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:12 am

He was asked in an interview that if he came back would he come to Honda or Ducati and he just answered "I'm a Honda rider". But of course he is still under contract to Honda so he couldn't say anything else. I still think there is only a very small chance of him coming back on any motorcycle. But it would be amazing for him to get a win and a 2nd in his last 2 races on the Duc, then them never win while he was gone, and then immediately start winning when (if) he returns.
lemmy

Postby Honda Rider » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 am

lemmy wrote: But it would be amazing for him to get a win and a 2nd in his last 2 races on the Duc, then them never win while he was gone, and then immediately start winning when (if) he returns.

So as normal then? :lol:
what contractual obligations does he still have to Honda? BTW how dare he steal my name! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby lemmy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 pm

:)

He is riding the Suzaka race this year. Also, I think (but could be wrong) that some retired riders may get money to continue promoting their product. I haven't noticed it much lately, but in the last few years I have seen lots of pics where Casey is wearing HRC or Honda gear.
lemmy

Postby Honda Rider » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:31 am

Sounds like he's got Mick's old job! It's amazing that he's involved in PR, if that's the case, as that was part of what he hated when he was racing. He's a complex guy at times.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby lemmy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Honda Rider wrote:Sounds like he's got Mick's old job! It's amazing that he's involved in PR, if that's the case, as that was part of what he hated when he was racing. He's a complex guy at times.

Yes he is. He has spent his retirement doing more of the things he said he hated doing while in MotoGP. He said he loved racing, but hated testing. Yet he has been testing for Honda since he retired. He said he was tired of living out of a suitcase, yet he seems to spend very little time in Australia and is constantly on the go. He seemed to be a little annoyed about being recognized by the fans in public, was very private, and hated doing PR stuff. How he seems to do all of that and is very active on social media...even about his personal life.

He mentioned something a few weeks ago about how on the day of the MotoGP race he was glad to be there and not have the pressure of racing. I think the pressure of racing and having to produce may have been what really bothered him and made all of the other stuff seem to be a bother. Now that he does not have that pressure maybe those other things do not seem like such an annoyance.
lemmy

Postby Honda Rider » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:58 pm

lemmy wrote:He mentioned something a few weeks ago about how on the day of the MotoGP race he was glad to be there and not have the pressure of racing. I think the pressure of racing and having to produce may have been what really bothered him and made all of the other stuff seem to be a bother. Now that he does not have that pressure maybe those other things do not seem like such an annoyance.

Pretty perseptive, you could well be right, it's got to be a weight on your shoulders when you're that compeditive.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby lemmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:59 pm

True. I remember before the race when the cameras would show the riders in their garage sitting in the chair, Casey always looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulder. Sometimes on the grid he would look like he was about to throw up. I would say that it wasn't necessarily pressure from his team or Honda, but it was just pressure he would put on himself.
lemmy

Return to Other Casey Topics