SS600 Monza

Discussion of World Superbikes, BSB, and any other bikesport championships here

SS600 Monza

Postby Hink » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 pm

What a absolute discrase Monza SS race was!

First they let the race go on while even a 2 year old would understand there was oil at the track. Then after 5 guys crashed at the same time the red flagged it.

Restart, bike in the gravel, tiny little fire and they red flag the race again. Why??????? To compensate for the late reaction in the first part???

After that thing became to long lasting for Eurosport and broadcast stopped. But I understand there has been a third red flag as well. After that the race - or what was left of it - was rescheduled after WSBK race 2.

Now I could Google this but I am very lazy so maybe someone here remembers: Wasn't there something similair in WSBK in Monza few years back? With muplitple red flags in a single race?

Combined with the random sanctioning policiy for cutting chicanes short (drive thrue for one rider, drop 2 places for another) I'd say time for either a new circuit or a new set of racedirectors....
"Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!!!"
Hink

Re: SS600 Monza

Postby aussie1 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Ask & you shall receive Hink :D Excuse the french ;)

aussie1

Postby aussie1 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 pm

aussie1

Postby aussie1 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
aussie1

Postby Hink » Wed May 15, 2013 8:45 am

I knew you are better than Google!

thanks Aussie!

But what a mess that race was....
Hink

Postby Honda Rider » Wed May 15, 2013 12:58 pm

I only watched to the crash due to lack of time, you can clearly see a martial just before without any flag to warn them of oil from 4.48 on. Not good enough really.
Honda Rider
Honda Rider

Postby aussie1 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:01 pm

It seems to happen in patches at times doesn't it in regards ro Marshalls just not quite being with it (not concentrating). Remember the German round with Colin Edwards years ago, with everyone sliding off & when Colin came off he went absolutely balistic at them :? He had every right to as well.
aussie1

Postby Hink » Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

aussie1 wrote:It seems to happen in patches at times doesn't it in regards ro Marshalls just not quite being with it (not concentrating). Remember the German round with Colin Edwards years ago, with everyone sliding off & when Colin came off he went absolutely balistic at them :? He had every right to as well.

Man I was right there at in that corner!! was in Superbike, Nurnburgring. All crowd was going just as crazy as Colin did. From the grandstand we could see the oil on the track and MArshalls where just looking at the crowd asking themselves why everyone was shouting at them....
Hink

Postby aussie1 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Hink wrote:...... From the grandstand we could see the oil on the track and MArshalls where just looking at the crowd asking themselves why everyone was shouting at them....

Lol. Don't you hate it when that happens? Mind you, I've been in a work situation where someone was doing exactly that to me & because I panicked, I for the life of me couldn't see what was right in front of me. :lol: :oops:
aussie1

Return to World Superbikes & Other Bike Sports